Boy's BulletinVolume 3, Number 2 (?), February 4th, 2002
"All things are ready, if our minds be so. " Shakespeare
Title courtesy of John Lukacs
Meeting: Banquet Court of Honor
The potluck dinner began at 6:30. There were many fine dishes set out,
some of which (esp. the fried chicken) did not last long enough to let the Scouts (who came last) get any. However, there was plenty of food for all, and there were brownies, cookies, and special cakes (cut after the Court of Honor was closed) to be had by way of dessert.
There was a few merit badges, and several rank advancements, handed out during the Court of Honor, and some leadership changes. Mr. Scheirer stepped down from Scoutmaster, and gave the reins over to our new Scoutmaster, Mr. Scrivens. He also handed over the Scoutmaster stave, to which he had added two knots. We began the pizza sales today, and were informed that the former champion of pizza sales, Brian Winkler, wouldn't be selling this year, and so we all will have a chance at the title.
- Remember, all Scouts are ordered to wear deodorant.
- The Deep Freeze is coming up, but only if it snows. We may do an day trip if it doesn't.
- 50th Anniversary Patch Contest is over. The winner was Teddy, whose design will adorn our special anniversary patches.
- The bulletin still needs a title! Send suggestions to email@example.com
- If you have something you would like in the bulletin, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org before Thursday, so I can put it in. Please send descriptions of pack meetings, den meetings, service projects,campouts, or anything Scout related.
"Find out what you like doing best, and get someone to pay you for doing it." - Katherine Whitehorn