Volume 3, Number 1, January 7th, 2001
"All things are ready, if our minds be so. " Shakespeare
Title courtesy of John Lukacs
Meeting: Building Klondike Derby sleds
The meeting was opened at the regular time, but few Scouts were there. The 'program' this meeting was building the sleds to be used on the Klondike Derby on January 25-27. They were nearly finished. Note that, since there is no meeting on the 21st, signed permission slips are needed on the 13th, next meeting. Also required is the $15 signup fee.
Also note that the meeting on the 28th is the NRA field trip, and the 4th of February is the banquet. Thus, if you want to get a rank advancement, you must call Mr. Winkler (301-???-????) before Sunday night, and then attend the meeting on the 14th in complete class A uniform and have your Scout book.
- Remember, all Scouts are ordered to wear deodorant.
- Next meeting: Klondike Derby Skills review. Learn your knots and lashings!
- The Klondike Derby is on Friday, January 25th to Sunday, January 27th. Remember to bring permission slips next meeting!
- 50th Anniversary Patch Contest! Winning entry is made into our 50th
- The bulletin still needs a title! Send suggestions to
- If you have something you would like in the bulletin, please send
it to firstname.lastname@example.org before Thursday, so I can put it in. Please
send descriptions of pack meetings, den meetings, service projects,
campouts, or anything Scout related.
"Find out what you like doing best, and get someone to pay you for doing it." - Katherine Whitehorn