One of the old-school car racing games (like Rad Racer on the NES), there is no physics engine
to speak of. The game is not realistic, but it is hard, and exciting. Each country
has several tracks, and when you finish one, it unlocks the next country. You can go to any
earlier country once you have gotten the password for a later one.
Tips for playing:
- Each car has it's relative merits and flaws, but don't spend too much time choosing. Pick
a car and stick with it.
- Two-thirds of the game is dodging obstacles (e.g., other cars, traffic cones, rocks)
- When you go in for a pit stop, don't overfill your tank. Get what you need, and get going!
- If you run out of gas, you are basically doomed. The 'Low Gas' warning flashes on the lap
before you run out, so you must visit the pits the next time you reach them.
- The 'nitro's burn gas quickly. Use them near the end to rocket past Computer.
- Keep an eye out when driving for straight sections of track. If the corners are mild
enough, you can get a long stretch to burn your 'nitro's on.
- The other cars besides Computer are very mechanical; they move back and forth across the
road in a regular manner. Know this and you can more easily evade them.